from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An abundant or excessive amount of something heard, such as talk or music.
- n. Gossip, especially of an intimate or scandalous nature.
- n. A scolding or reprimand.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a reprimand, castigation or telling off
- n. intimate gossip
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a severe scolding
- n. an outpouring of gossip
Sorry, no etymologies found.