from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A brilliant radiance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A state of being bright and radiant, splendor, brilliance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being effulgent; extreme brilliancy; a flood of light; great luster or brightness; splendor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A shining forth, as of light; great luster or brightness; splendor: as, the effulgence of divine glory.
- n. Synonyms Brilliance, Luster, etc. See radiance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being bright and sending out rays of light
From Latin ex- ("out of, from") and fulgere ("to shine"). (Wiktionary)