from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Chemistry Characterized by or causing the absorption of heat; endoergic.
- adj. Biology Of or relating to an organism that generates heat to maintain its body temperature, typically above the temperature of its surroundings; warm-blooded.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of a chemical reaction that absorbs heat energy from its surroundings.
- adj. Of an animal whose body temperature is regulated by internal factors.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Designating, or pert. to, a reaction which occurs with absorption of heat; formed by such a reaction; ; -- opposed to
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to absorption of heat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of a chemical reaction or compound) occurring or formed with absorption of heat
From endo- (“inside”) + thermic (“of heat”). (Wiktionary)