from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Earth; terrestrial.
- adj. Derived from or containing tellurium, especially with valence 6.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to the Earth.
- adj. Containing tellurium in a lower valency than in tellurous compounds.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the earth; proceeding from the earth.
- adj. Of or pertaining to tellurium; derived from, or resembling, tellurium; specifically, designating those compounds in which the element has a higher valence as contrasted with
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or proceeding from the earth: as, a disease of telluric origin; telluric deities.
- Of, containing, or derived from tellurium: as, telluric acid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or containing the chemical element tellurium
- adj. of or relating to or inhabiting the land as opposed to the sea or air
Sorry, no etymologies found.