from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or inhabiting the earth.
- n. An inhabitant of the earth; a terrestrial.
- n. Variant of tellurion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to, or inhabiting the Earth.
- adj. Describing minerals containing tellurium.
- n. An inhabitant of the Earth.
- n. Alternative spelling of tellurion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the earth.
- n. A dweller on the earth.
- n. An instrument for showing the operation of the causes which produce the succession of day and night, and the changes of the seasons.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining, relating to, or characteristic of the earth or an inhabitant of the earth.
- n. An inhabitant of the earth: so called with reference to supposed inhabitants of other planets.
- n. Same as tellurion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or inhabiting the land as opposed to the sea or air
- n. an inhabitant of the earth
Sorry, no etymologies found.