from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or characteristic of this earth.
- adj. Terrestrial; not heavenly or divine: earthly existence.
- adj. Worldly: earthly delights; one's earthly possessions.
- adj. Conceivable; possible: no earthly meaning whatever.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Relating to the earth or this world, as opposed to heaven.
- adj. Used to put an emphasis
- n. A slightest chance (of success etc.) or idea (about something).
- adv. in an earthy manner
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to the earth; belonging to this world, or to man's existence on the earth; not heavenly or spiritual; carnal; worldly
- adj. Of all things on earth; possible; conceivable.
- adj. Made of earth; earthy.
- adv. In the manner of the earth or its people; worldly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the earth or to this world; pertaining to the mundane state of existence: as, earthly objects; earthly residence.
- Belonging to the earth or world; worldly; carnal, as opposed to spiritual or heavenly; vile.
- Made of earth; earthy: as, “earthly substance,”
- Corporeal; not mental.
- Being or originating on earth; of all things in the world; possible; conceivable: used chiefly as an expletive.
- Synonyms Terrestrial, mundane, sublunary, etc. See worldly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or belonging to or characteristic of this earth as distinguished from heaven
Old English eorþlīċ, corresponding to earth + -ly. (Wiktionary)