from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A character in a literary work.
- n. A person.
- n. A person of distinction. See Synonyms at celebrity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. : A famous or important person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Form, appearance, or belongings of a person; the external appearance, stature, figure, air, and the like, of a person.
- n. Character assumed or represented.
- n. A notable or distinguished person; a conspicuous or peculiar character
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A person represented; a rôle or part assumed or played; a character.
- n. A person; an individual; especially, a man or woman of importance or distinction.
- n. Bodily form; external appearrance; person.
- n. Synonyms 2. Individual, etc. See person.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person whose actions and opinions strongly influence the course of events
- n. another word for person; a person not meriting identification
Middle English, person, from Old French, from persone, person; see person.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)