from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To take or catch in or as if in a snare. See Synonyms at catch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To entrap; to catch in a snare or trap.
- v. To entangle; to enmesh.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To catch in a snare. See insnare.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- See insnare, insnarer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. take or catch as if in a snare or trap
- v. catch in or as if in a trap
From en- + snare. (Wiktionary)