from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Advocacy for or work toward protecting the natural environment from destruction or pollution.
- n. The theory that environment rather than heredity is the primary influence on intellectual growth and cultural development.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A political and social ideology that seeks to prevent the environment from degradation by human activity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the philosophical doctrine that environment is more important than heredity in determining intellectual growth
- n. the activity of protecting the environment from pollution or destruction
Sorry, no etymologies found.