from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A plural of ephemeron.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of ephemeron.
- n. transitory things
- n. publications that are designed to be short-lived
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A fever of one day's continuance only.
- n. A genus of insects including the day flies, or ephemeral flies. See Ephemeral fly, under Ephemeral.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fever which lasts but a day or a very short period.
- n. [capitalized] [NL.] In entomology, the typical genus of May-flies or day-flies of the family Ephemeridæ, having three long caudal filaments.
- n. A May-fly, day-fly, or shad-fly; an ephemerid. See Ephemeridæ and May-fly.
- n. Anything very short-lived.
- n. Plural of ephemeron.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something transitory; lasting a day
Sorry, no etymologies found.