from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or an instance of belching.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of belching, of expelling gas from the stomach through the mouth.
- n. An erumpent blast of gas, wind, or other matter ejected from earthy depths.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of belching wind from the stomach; a belch.
- n. A violent belching out or emitting, as of gaseous or other matter from the crater of a volcano, geyser, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A belching of wind from the stomach; a belch.
- n. A violent bursting forth or ejection of matter from the earth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a reflex that expels gas noisily from the stomach through the mouth
- n. (of volcanos) pouring out fumes or lava (or a deposit so formed)
Sorry, no etymologies found.