from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of excoriating or flaying
- n. The excoriated place or the state of being excoriated, or stripped of the skin; abrasion.
- n. Severe verbal denouncing
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of excoriating or flaying, or state of being excoriated, or stripped of the skin; abrasion.
- n. Stripping of possession; spoliation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of flaying; the operation of stripping off the skin.
- n. Hence The act or process of abrading or galling; especially, a breaking or removal of the outer layers of the skin.
- n. An abraded, galled, or broken surface of the skin.
- n. . The act of stripping of possessions; spoliation; robbery.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. severe censure
- n. an abraded area where the skin is torn or worn off
See "excoriate" (Wiktionary)