from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Promoting or facilitating the secretion or expulsion of phlegm, mucus, or other matter from the respiratory tract.
- n. An expectorant medicine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An agent or drug used to cause or induce the expulsion of phlegm from the lungs.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Tending to facilitate expectoration or to promote discharges of mucus, etc., from the lungs or throat.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to or promoting expectoration.
- n. Something, as a drug, which promotes or facilitates expectoration.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a medicine promoting expectoration
Sorry, no etymologies found.