from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of expunging or the condition of being expunged: expunction of the records of the crime.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of expunging or erasing.
- n. The condition of being expunged.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of expunging or erasing; the condition of being expunged.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of expunging or erasing; removal by erasure; a blotting out or leaving out.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. deletion by an act of expunging or erasing
Late Latin expūnctiō, expūnctiōn-, execution, from Latin expūnctus, past participle of expungere, to strike out; see expunge.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)