from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. on the surface or the outside
- adv. visibly
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In an external manner; outwardly; on the outside; in appearance; visibly.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In an external manner or position; with reference to the outside or to externality.
- In zoology and anatomy, away from the median line, or the center of a radially symmetrical form; ectad.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. with respect to the outside
- adv. on or from the outside
Sorry, no etymologies found.