from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Being in the presence of another; facing: a face-to-face discussion.
- adv. In person; directly: would rather talk face-to-face than negotiate over the telephone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A meeting, especially a meeting between two people conducted in person as opposed to a meeting conducted at a distance through technology.
- adj. In one another's presence.
- adv. this sense?) While physically present.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. without intervening persons; involving direct communication between persons in each other's presence; -- of conversation or confrontation.
- adj. having the front parts facing each other.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. directly facing each other
- adv. within each other's presence
- adj. in each other's presence
face + to + face (Wiktionary)