from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An irresponsible or lazy person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Doing nothing; shiftless; disinclined to work or exertion.
- n. A do-nothing; an idle fellow; a sluggard.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Literally, do-nothing; specifically, an epithet applied to the later Merovingian kings of France, who were puppets in the hands of the mayors of the palace.
- n. A do-nothing; a lazy, shiftless fellow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. disinclined to work or exertion
From Old French fay neant, alteration of feignant ("idler"), present participle of feindre, modelled on fait ("does") + neant ("nothing"). (Wiktionary)