from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The estate or domain of a feudal lord.
- n. Something over which one dominant person or group exercises control: "long the independent head of a powerful fiefdom within the Police Department” ( David Burnham).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The estate controlled by a feudal lord; a fief.
- n. Any organization in the control of a dominant individual. Primarily used with a critical or pejorative connotation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the domain controlled by a feudal lord
- n. an organization that is controlled by a dominant person or group
Sorry, no etymologies found.