from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Some species of pheasant in the genus Lophura.
- n. A piece of iron that fits into the back of a fireplace to distribute the heat and keep the brick from cracking.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of several species of pheasants of the genus Euplocamus, having the lower back a bright, fiery red. They inhabit Southern Asia and the East Indies.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The back wall of a furnace or fire-place.
- n. A macartney or fire-backed pheasant, of the genus Euplocamus, as E. ignitus.
From fire + back (Wiktionary)