from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Siam; Thai.
- adj. Closely connected or very similar; twin.
- adj. Of or being a Y-shaped dual connection between two pipes or hoses and a larger pipe or hose.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Siam; a Thai.
- n. The Thai language.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, or relating to Siam; Thai
- adj. Of a connection of tubes or hoses shaped like a letter Y.
- proper n. The Thai language
- n. The Siamese cat
- n. An inhabitant of Siam
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Siam, its native people, or their language.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Siam; pl., the people of Siam.
- n. The language of the Siamese.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the kingdom, the people, or (in a limited sense) the dominant race of Siam.
- n. singular and plural An inhabitant or a native, or inhabitants or natives, of Siam, a kingdom of Farther India, or Indo-China: specifically, a member or the members of the dominant race of the kingdom, who constitute less than half of the population.
- n. The prevalent language of Siam, which in its basis is monosyllabic and inflexible, exceptionally abounding in homonyms distinguishable only by variations of tone.
- To join in the manner of the Siamese twins; inosculate. Compare Siamese coupling, under Siamese.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the languages of the Thai people
- adj. of or relating to Thailand
- n. a slender short-haired blue-eyed breed of cat having a pale coat with dark ears paws face and tail tip
- n. a branch of the Tai languages
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Thailand or its people
- n. an inlet with two or more couplings to which a hose can be attached so that fire engines can pump water into the sprinkler system of a building
- n. a native or inhabitant of Thailand
After Siam (Thailand).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)