from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Java or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Java, especially a member of the Javanese-speaking majority population.
- n. The Austronesian language of the principal ethnic group of Java.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person belonging to the native Malayan people of the island of Java.
- n. A domestic cat breed.
- n. A cat of this breed.
- proper n. A language spoken in Java.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Java, or to the people of Java.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to the island of Java.
- n. singular or plural A native or natives of Java.
- n. The language of Java, of the Malayan family.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Java
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Java or its inhabitants or its language
- n. the Indonesian language spoken on Java
Java 1 + -nese (as in Japanese).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Java + -ese. (Wiktionary)