from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Asia or its peoples, languages, or cultures.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Asia.
- n. A person of Asian descent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person from Asia.
- n. , (British Africa), A person who originates from the Indian subcontinent, sometimes including East and Southeast Asia.
- n. , A person who originates from the Indian subcontinent, East and Southeast Asia, sometimes excluding the Indian Subcontinent.
- n. , A person who originates from East or Southeast Asia, very rarely used in reference to people from the Indian Subcontinent.
- n. A domestic cat of a breed similar to the Burmese.
- adj. Of, relating to or from Asia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Asia; Asiatic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to Asia, a continent extending from Europe eastward to the Pacific ocean, and from the frozen ocean on the north to the Indian ocean on the south.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Asia
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Asia or the peoples of Asia or their languages or culture
Sorry, no etymologies found.