from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Bengal or its people, language, or culture.
- n. A native or inhabitant of Bengal.
- n. The modern Indic language of Bangladesh and West Bengal, a state of eastern India.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of, from or pertaining to Bengal
- n. A person from Bengal or of Bengali descent.
- proper n. Language spoken in Bangladesh and the states of Tripura and West Bengal, India.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Bengali language.
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Bangladesh (formerly Bengal) or its inhabitants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Bengal, its inhabitants, or their language; Bengalese.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Bengal; a Bengalese.
- n. The language of the Bengalis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or characteristic of Bengal or its people
- n. an ethnic group speaking Bengali and living in Bangladesh and eastern India
- n. (Hinduism) a member of a people living in Bangladesh and West Bengal (mainly Hindus)
- n. a Magadhan language spoken by the Bengali people; the official language of Bangladesh and Bengal
From Hindi बंगाली (bangālī). (Wiktionary)