from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several tropical and subtropical live-bearing fishes of the genus Poecilia or Mollienesia, commonly kept in aquariums.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A woman or girl, especially of low status.
- n. An effeminate male, a male homosexual.
- n. A nickname or street name for pure MDMA powder.
- n. A fish of the genus Poecilia.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as mollemoke.
- n. A pet or colloquial name for Mary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A familiar form of the feminine name
- n. [lowercase; pl. mollies (-iz).] The wagtail, a bird: as, the yellow molly (the yellow wagtail); the molly wash-dish (the pied wagtail).
- n. The mallemuck or fulmar, Fulmarus glacialis. See fulmar.
- n. In India, a gardener or one of the caste of gardeners. Also mallee.
- n. In the printers' game of jelling, a throw of quadrats which exposes only the unnicked sides; hence, any useless work with types in a composing-room.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. popular aquarium fish
From New Latin Mollienesia, former genus name, after Comte François Nicolas Mollien (1758-1850), French politician.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Molly, the personal name, a pet form of Mary. (Wiktionary)