from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Archaic Variant of Hindu.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of Hindu.
- adj. Alternative spelling of Hindu.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A native inhabitant of Hindostan. As an ethnical term it is confined to the Dravidian and Aryan races; as a religious name it is restricted to followers of the Veda.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- etc. See Hindu, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a native or inhabitant of Hindustan or India
- n. a person who adheres to Hinduism
- adj. of or relating to or supporting Hinduism
Sorry, no etymologies found.