from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A chamber, such as the furnace of a steam locomotive, in which fuel is burned.
- n. A box containing a fire alarm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The chamber of a steam engine, or a steam locomotive, in which the fuel is burned.
- n. The part of a fireplace where the fuel is burned.
- n. A redheaded woman (by synecdoche, pars pro toto), or her red pubic hair, from box ("vagina").
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a furnace (as on a steam locomotive) in which fuel is burned
Sorry, no etymologies found.