from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small root or division of a root.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of the smallest roots, hair roots.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A radicle; a little root.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A little root; a radicle; a root-fibril: specifically applied to the fine roots put forth by certain plants, by which they cling to their supports, as in Rhus Toxicodendron.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small root or division of a root
From root + -let. (Wiktionary)