from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Reproducing by biological fission.
- adj. Tending to break up into parts or break away from a main body; factious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Factious, tending to break into pieces.
- adj. Causing division or fragmenting something.
- adj. Of cells that reproduce through fission, splitting into two.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Reproducing by spontaneous fission. See fission.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Reproducing or multiplying by fission or spontaneous self-division, a mode of asexual generation by division into two or more parts, each of which, when completely separated, becomes a new individual: it is a usual process among the protozoans, protophytes, and other low organisms. See fission, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. reproducing by fission
- adj. having separated or advocating separation from another entity or policy or attitude
Sorry, no etymologies found.