from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small, all-terrain motor vehicle seating one person and having four wheels with large tires.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A horse-drawn hackney cab with four wheels, as opposed to a hansom or dogcart.
- n. Any vehicle with four wheels.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A vehicle having four wheels
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A carriage with four wheels; especially, a four-wheeled cab.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hackney carriage with four wheels
Sorry, no etymologies found.