from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cut of veal that has been larded and braised.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A French dish consisting of thinly sliced veal, braised with various vegetables and white wine
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A ragout or fricassee of veal; a fancy dish of veal or of boned turkey, served as an entrée, -- called also fricandel.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A thick slice of veal or other meat larded, stewed, and served with a made sauce.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. larded veal braised and glazed in its own juices
French, from fricasser, to fricassee; see fricassee.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)