from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Scintillant, coruscant; marked by fleeting flashes of radiant light.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Shining; glittering; dazzling.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Flashing; glittering; shining; gleaming; dazzling: as, “fulgid weapons,”
- Specifically In entom.; Of a bright, fiery red.
- Of a reddish-brown diaphanous color with red reflections, as displayed on the wings of certain Hymenoptera.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having brief brilliant points or flashes of light
From Latin fulgidus, derived from fulgere. (Wiktionary)