from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Holding or based on the view that human endeavor is futile.
- n. One who holds the view that human endeavor is futile.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having the opinion that all human activity is futile
- n. a person with such views
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Devoted to worthless or useless pursuits, aims, or the like.
- n. A person given to useless or worthless pursuits.
futilit(y) + -arian.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
c 1830 Blend of futility and utilitarianism (Wiktionary)