from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To swindle; to extort.
- v. To raise the selling price of something (especially property) after previously agreeing to a lower one.
- v. To buy a property by bidding more than the price of an existing, accepted offer.
- v. To trump or preempt; to reap the benefit underhandedly from a situation that someone else has worked to create.
- n. An automobile.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. raise the price of something after agreeing on a lower price
- v. rip off; ask an unreasonable price
Possibly from גזלן (gazlen, "thief, bandit"). (Wiktionary)