from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who has broad general knowledge and skills in several areas.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person with a broad general knowledge, especially one with more than superficial knowledge in several areas and the ability to combine ideas from diverse fields.
- n. A general practitioner.
- n. Species which can thrive in a wide variety of environmental conditions.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a modern scholar who is in a position to acquire more than superficial knowledge about many different interests
Sorry, no etymologies found.