from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A place or occasion of great suffering.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Calvary. See the Note under Calvary.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The Hebrew (Aramaic) name of the place of Christ's crucifixion, somewhere near Jerusalem.
- n. A graveyard or place of interment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a hill near Jerusalem where Jesus was crucified
After Golgotha .(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)