from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A stew of beef or veal and vegetables, seasoned mainly with paprika.
- n. A mixture of many different elements; a hodgepodge.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A stew of beef or veal and vegetables, flavoured with paprika.
- n. A style of play in which the cards are not thoroughly shuffled between consecutive deals, so as to make the suits less evenly distributed between the players.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See gulash.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a rich meat stew highly seasoned with paprika
Hungarian gulyás (hús), herdsman's (meat), goulash, from gulya, herdsman.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Hungarian gulyás. (Wiktionary)