from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A specialist in grammar.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person who studies grammar
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One versed in grammar, or the construction of languages; a philologist.
- n. One who writes on, or teaches, grammar.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One versed in grammar or the structure of language; a philologist.
- n. One who writes upon or teaches grammar.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a linguist who specializes in the study of grammar and syntax
grammar + -ian (Wiktionary)