from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A method of printing with etched plates or cylinders; intaglio printing.
- n. Photogravure.
- n. A plate used in the process of gravure.
- n. A reproduction produced by gravure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of intaglio printing process, in which an image is engraved onto a rotating copper cylinder.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as photogravure.
- n. A print or plate produced by photogravure.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a printing process that uses an etched or engraved plate; the plate is smeared with ink and wiped clean, then the ink left in the recesses makes the print
- n. an intaglio print produced by gravure
- n. a printing plate used in the process of gravure
- n. the act of intaglio printing
French, from graver, to engrave, from Old French, of Germanic origin; see ghrebh-2 in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Short for rotogravure (Wiktionary)