from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having only one parent in common.
- adj. Having one parent of pedigreed stock and the other of unknown or mixed ancestry. Used of animals.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having only one parent in common
- adj. having parents of mixed ethnicities
- adj. having only one parent that comes from known pedigree
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Proceeding from a male and female of different breeds or races; having only one parent of good stock.
- adj. Degenerate; mean.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of mixed blood or breed; half-bred; specifically, coming from parents of superior and inferior stock: as, a half-blooded horse or sheep. See blooded.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of animals) having only one purebred parent
Sorry, no etymologies found.