from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A watercourse that feeds water into a mill, water wheel, or turbine.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The part of a millrace that brings water to the millwheel
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See race, a water course.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The race or flume which leads water to a water-wheel.
- n. See the extract.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a waterway that feeds water to a mill or water wheel or turbine
Sorry, no etymologies found.