from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that helps; an assistant. See Synonyms at assistant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who helps; an aide.
- n. A person who does cleaning and cooking in a family, or in a market.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, helps, aids, assists, or relieves.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who helps, aids, or assists; an auxiliary; one who affords assistance, comfort, or remedy.
- n. Specifically, one who is employed as assistant to another in doing some kind of work: as, a blacksmith's or a groom's helper.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who helps people or institutions (especially with financial help)
- n. a person who contributes to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose
to help + -er (Wiktionary)