from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Medicine Occurring in an abnormal anatomic location: heterotopic bone formation.
- adj. Medicine Grafted or transplanted into an abnormal location: heterotopic liver transplantation.
- adj. Ecology Occurring in a number of different habitats.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Occurring in an abnormal anatomical location.
- adj. Occurring in different habitats.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as heterotopous.
- Anisotropic; ælotropic: opposed to isotropic.
Sorry, no etymologies found.