from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of an hour or hours.
- adj. Occurring once an hour; hourly.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Pertaining to an hour or hours.
- adj. Occurring every hour; hourly.
- adj. Having a duration of one hour; having a relatively short duration; applied to fruits that go off quickly.
- n. A book containing the divine offices for the various canonical hours.
- n. A narrative or account that is kept hourly.
- n. A plan or programme that gives the hours at which events are to take place; a timetable; a horarium.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to an hour; noting the hours.
- adj. Occurring once an hour; continuing an hour; hourly; ephemeral.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to an hour; noting the hours: as, the horary circle.
- Continuing or lasting an hour; occurring once an hour; hourly.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. relating to the hours
Medieval Latin hōrārius, from Latin hōra, hour; see hour.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)