from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The hair of a horse, especially from the mane or tail.
- n. Cloth made of the hair of horses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The hair of a horse, especially from the mane and tail, used for upholstery.
- n. A fabric made from this.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A hair of a horse, especially one from the mane or tail; the hairs of the mane or tail taken collectively
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The hair of horses, more particularly the hair of the mane and tail. It is used for the making of hair-cloth, the stuffing of mattresses and cushions, etc.
- Made of horsehair; covered, filled, or stuffed with horsehair: as, horsehair covering; a horsehair mattress.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a fabric made from fibers taken from the mane or tail of horses; used for upholstery
- n. hair taken from the mane or tail of a horse
Sorry, no etymologies found.