from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A coarse Eurasian plant (Armoracia rusticana) in the mustard family, having a thick, whitish, pungent root, large basal leaves, and white flowers in a terminal panicle.
- n. The roots of this plant.
- n. A sharp condiment made from the grated roots of this plant.
- n. Any of various pungent condiments resembling horseradish, such as wasabi.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A plant of the mustard family, Armoracia rusticana.
- n. A pungent condiment made from the root of the plant.
From horse + radish. (Wiktionary)