from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Socks and stockings; hose.
- n. Chiefly British Stockings, socks, and underclothing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. undergarments worn on the legs, such as socks, stockings, and pantyhose
- n. the business of a hosier
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The business of a hosier.
- n. Stockings, in general; goods knit or woven like hose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Specifically, hose of all kinds for the foot and leg; stockings and socks collectively; by extension, the whole class of goods in which a hosier deals; the stock of a hosier.
- n. A factory where stockings, undergarments, etc., are woven by machinery.
- n. The business of a hosier
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. socks and stockings and tights collectively (the British include underwear)
hosier, maker of stockings (from Middle English, from hose, a stocking; see hose) + -y2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
hosier + -y (Wiktionary)