from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The part of a glacier resembling a frozen waterfall that flows down a steep slope.
- n. An avalanche of ice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A relatively rapid and turbulent flow of ice, somewhat analogous to a waterfall
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A frozen waterfall, or mass of ice resembling a frozen waterfall.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The dislodgment and fall of masses from a glacier, or from a floating iceberg.
- n. A glacier. [Poetical.]
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a steep part of a glacier resembling a frozen waterfall
Sorry, no etymologies found.