from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Philosophy The doctrine that the material world is an immaterial product of the senses.
- n. The use of illusionary techniques and devices in art or decoration.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The performance of magical tricks.
- n. The theory of dealing with illusions.
- n. The doctrine that the material world is an illusion.
- n. The use of illusionary effects in sculpture and art.
From illusion + -ism (Wiktionary)