from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A snug or cramped space or room.
- n. A small compartment.
- n. A category, especially an overly restrictive one.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small, cramped room.
- n. A small compartment; a pigeonhole.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a small compartment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small, close apartment, or inclosed space; a closet, or any similar confined place; hence, humorously, a very small house; a cot.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small secluded room
- n. a small compartment
From cub, pen, hutch (perhaps from Flemish cubbe, from Middle Flemish) + hole.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
cubby + hole (Wiktionary)