from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small room; a cubbyhole.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small, confined space.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A snug or confined or secluded place; a small room or a snug space within a room.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A snug, confined place; a cubbyhole.
- Snug; close.
- n. A creel or basket of straw carried on the back and fastened by a strap across the chest: used in the Orkney and Shetland islands.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small secluded room
Short for cubbyhole.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Middle English cub "stall". Cognate with French cagibi. (Wiktionary)